Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Google Tutor

Google Tutor


How to Create a Gmail Shortcut for iPhone Home Screen

Posted: 03 Nov 2009 04:37 PM PST

Although I love the idea of an iPhone, I am not a regular iPhone user unless I can get my hands on one of my friend’s phones. Although I can easily access my Gmail from my own phone, it seems to be much easier to access your account directly on the iPhone. With accessing Gmail directly I mean that essentially it is the same as accessing it on your computer, and any changes you make to your inbox from your iPhone are actually permanent. Much unlike this, deleting a Gmail message from my phone’s inbox does not always (but only sometimes… very annoying) translate in a synced up delete from my online inbox.

For those lucky iPhone users out there, here are a few easy steps to access Gmail through a shortcut. No need to use your browser, if you follow these steps:

  1. Open your Safari browser and surf to www.Gmail.com
  2. Sign into your Gmail account.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, you should see a “+” symbol.
  4. Tap the +.
  5. Now, select “add to Home Screen”.
  6. Tap “Add” to confirm your choice.
  7. Now, you will see a Gmail icon on your home screen, and you’re done!

Google made a video about Gmail for mobile, which includes adding the Gmail direct shortcut to your iPhone’s home screen. It is a nice visual guide through the Gmail for mobile application.

Got a question about Google? Ask me in the forums: http://www.googletutor.com/forums/

Similar Posts:

0 comments: